So what is GDPR you ask? The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was introduced to unify all EU member states' approaches to data regulation, ensuring all data protection laws are applied identically in every country within the EU.
It protects EU citizens from people like us using your data irresponsibly (not that we ever would!) and puts them in charge of what information is shared, where and how it's shared.
The GDPR is due to come into force on 25 May - and even though the UK is due to leave Europe in the next 12 months, it will still apply to all businesses handling EU residents' data, effectively replacing the Data Protection Act 1998.
Since Rebel & Lola began we have been ahead of the curve with GDPR. We have and never will share your data because frankly, that’s a bit weird and we don’t have the will or brain power to even consider it.
We never have and never will trade email addresses and you’ll never find that your details have been passed on by us to anyone.
Our website uses google analytics which collects cookies. These cookies are snippets of data which we collect and they tell us a little bit about our customers and how best to work the best we can for you. We don’t get your home address, or phone number unless you place an order with us. If you do, or have, we don’t keep that data for long. We may get your IP address purely so we can see where our customers are coming.
Our website is hosted by shopify who are a very popular and dedicated website platform designer. They cannot access or collect any of your data from our site without our consent therefore it’s totally safe with us!
We use Mailchimp for our email marketing which is a secure emailing system and has ‘double opt in’ option. This means if you sign up by accident you’ll know about it. You can ditch us at any time by unsubscribing from our let’s be frank ‘very rare’ newsletter at the bottom of the… newsletter.
I hope our babbling on makes sense. If you have any problems or questions please email us at email@example.com. We promise we will keep your data safe and never misuse it.
Our Policy applies between you, the User of this Web Site and Rebel and Lola, the owner and provider of this Website. The Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
- Definitions and Interpretation In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account" means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
"Content" means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
"Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer by Rebel and Lola when you visit certain parts of this Website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your shopping cart. Further details are contained in Clause 10 and Schedule 1 of this Policy;
- Data Collected Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Cookie information (see clause 10 below).
- Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Rebel and Lola for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see clause 9 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- Third Party Web Sites and Services Rebel and Lola may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Rebel and Lola requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- Rebel and Lola may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- Controlling Access to your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Website you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
- Accessing your own Data
- You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- Data security is of great importance to Rebel and Lola and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- Rebel and Lola may set and access Cookies on your computer. Cookies that may be placed on your computer are detailed in Schedule 1 to this Policy.
- A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
- You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
From time to time we may also produce aggregate data, for example to identify how our website is used. This type of information will not personally identify information about individual users.
Since associates and other third parties (such as Paypal) may be involved, we always advise you to ensure that you are aware of their privacy policies.